• Admin

U18 Match Report

v Westerham FC Wolves 10th October

Venue John Copper Ground Kick Off 10:00 Referee Barry Harvey

Weather getting fresher but good to see the John Cooper ground in good condition for this return match against Westerham. A 1-1 draw in the first game of the season was disappointing, Broms having a number of players unavailable through injury or other events. An early kick off can be a bit of a lottery for U18 teams depending on the activities the night before. Luckily for this game no party or motive the night before.

Luckily we had 15 players available and no parties or motives the night before. 3 new players were in the team Fred, Henry and Matt. All asked to step in and feel the shoes of some of the regulars, Tom, Dan, Max and OllyD.

From the first minute Broms were up for this game, at last, and in the first 10 minutes some great passing and movement in midfield was causing Westerham problems,

A few early corners and a couple of attempts on goal by Josh Norman, in his new striker role and new boots, put Westerham defenders under pressure.

In the 8th minute Alastair made a great run down the right and was found with a pass from Matt Adam in midfield, a first time cross put the defender under pressure and forced an own goal ,


For all the pressure Broms only took the 1-0 lead into half time. Was this going to be another long day and Broms throwing away a lead. And here we go again not long after the start a mix up in the Broms defence a failure to clear early and a scrambled goal 1-1. This time though Broms did manage to hit form again and a good run down the left from Che' a left foot shot back across the keeper, 2-1. 6 minutes later Ryan ran onto a through ball form Josh Norman, who certainly had his form back, a cross form the left and yet another header , 2 in one season, from Matt Adam, 3-1. Then the 71st minute an innocuous fall after a cross from Che' , caused the game to be stopped. Che had looked to dislocate his knee and the game was suspended waiting for an ambulance to arrive. After 20 minutes the game on the adjacent pitch had completed. It was agreed by all parties to move the game onto that pitch, the ambulance not arriving and Che covered in foil sheets, unable to be moved. Matt involved again with a ball from midfield to Ryan on the left, a great drive with the ball towards goal passing one defender and a powerful shot under the keeper , 4-1. With 10 minutes to go a little dink by Matt Coyne over the top found Matt A on the left, a classic Matt cut inside and a curling left shot left the keeper with no chance. 5-1. A great performance and a message out to the rest of the Division , Broms are back. just in time, ready for what will be a tough game against Tooting and Mitcham next week. the ambulance eventually arrived to take Che' to the PRU, swollen ligaments and a rest will hopefully see Che' back soon.

33 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All